NanaWall is pleased to provide the following product warranty for the owner of the property within which NanaWall products have been installed, subject to all terms and conditions stated herein.
TEN YEAR COVERAGE
Insulated Glass. The insulated glass provided by NanaWall is warranted to be free from a permanent material obstruction of vision due to a premature failure of the glass seal for 10 years from the date of delivery (“Delivery”). Exception: for cero by NanaWall please see Five Year Coverage.
Powder Coat or Baked on Fluoropolymer Surface Finish of Aluminum Profiles. Powder coat or baked on fluoropolymer surface finish of aluminum profile is warranted to perform for a period of 10 years from Delivery as an Effective Surface Material (ESM). ESM means: (1) free from substantial cracking, chipping or peeling due to the deterioration of the finish, exclusive of mechanical damage; (2) free from chalking in excess of a numerical rating of 8 as per ASTM D 659; and (3) free from fading or color changes in excess of 5 NBS units as per ASTM D 2244. Because surfaces may not be equally exposed to the sun and elements, NanaWall makes no warranty with respect to the uniformity of fading.
Rollers. The rollers in NanaWall product are warranted to be free of manufacturing defects in material and workmanship that significantly impair proper operation and function for 10 years from Delivery.
Wood and Other Remaining Components. Where product is installed by a NanaWall Certified Installer, all remaining components of NanaWall products not otherwise addressed in this Warranty are warranted against defects in materials and workmanship that substantially impair operation and function for a period of 10 years from Delivery. This includes, but is not limited to, wood frame components, hinges, handles, locking mechanisms, tracks, and weather-stripping.
FIVE YEAR COVERAGE
Laminated Glass. The laminated glass in NanaWall products is warranted to perform for five (5) years from Delivery against a permanent material obstruction of vision due to premature delamination.
Wood and Other Remaining Components. In the event that product is not installed by a NanaWall Certified Installer, the coverage period for Wood and Remaining Components addressed above is reduced to five (5) years from Delivery.
Insulated Glass for cero by NanaWall. The insulated glass provided for cero by NanaWall is warranted to be free from a permanent material obstruction of vision due to a premature failure of the glass seal for five (5) years from the date of Delivery.
THREE YEAR COVERAGE
Anodized Surface Finish of Aluminum Profiles. Anodized surface finish of aluminum profile is warranted to perform for a period of three (3) years from Delivery as an Effective Surfacing Material.
ONE YEAR COVERAGE
NanaWall Shades, Screen ONE, Screen Classic, and Other Screens Sold by NanaWall. All screens, excluding the screen mesh, are warranted to be free of manufacturing defects in material and workmanship for a period of one (1) year from Delivery.
WHAT NANAWALL WILL DO
NanaWall shall have no obligation to respond under this Warranty until receipt of proper notice of a claim during the warranty period and an opportunity to respond. Upon proper notice and confirmation by NanaWall of a condition covered under this Warranty, NanaWall shall respond in its sole discretion and in a timely manner as follows:
Glass. NanaWall shall (1) ship a replacement glass unit to the location of original product delivery or (2) refund the original purchase price of the glass paid by NanaWall.
Surface Finishes of Aluminum Products. NanaWall shall (1) assume reasonable costs to restore the finish on non- compliant (non-ESM) materials using standard commercial refinishing techniques; (2) ship replacement parts to the location of original product delivery; or (3) refund the original purchase price of the non-compliant product.
Rollers. NanaWall shall ship replacement rollers to the location of original product delivery.
Screens. NanaWall shall (1) ship replacement screen product to the location of original product delivery; (2) repair any screen without charge; or (3) refund the original purchase price of the screen.
For covered product conditions not specifically addressed above, NanaWall’s obligations under this Warranty shall be limited, at its option, to: (1) ship a replacement part or product without charge; (2) ship any replacement part or replacement product in its original stage of fitting and/or finishing as supplied by NanaWall; or (3) refund the original purchase price of the product.
NanaWall will repair or replace only defective parts or components. This Warranty does not cover labor costs to install a replacement part or product, or cost to repair or replace surrounding substrates, trim, or other carpentry work. Nor does it cover costs incurred due to delays or other construction costs, costs for late or damaged delivery, loss of time, inconvenience, or loss of use of the product or any parts or components. Any action taken by NanaWall does not create a new warranty or extend the duration of the original product warranty. A failure by NanaWall to enforce a warranty provision shall not constitute a waiver barring subsequent enforcement.
Replacement products will be the closest equivalent current product and may not be an exact match to the original. NanaWall reserves the right to determine whether or not a defect exists and if it is covered under this Warranty. Repair or replacement of warped wood panel or frame can be delayed by up to 12 months from date of claim to allow wood component to adjust to local conditions. If the claim is not covered under this Warranty, NanaWall may charge a fee for on- site product inspections.
Written notice of any claim under this Warranty with supporting documents such as photos or videos must be given to Nana Wall Systems, Inc., 100 Meadowcreek Drive, Corte Madera, CA 94925, promptly when discovered. All rights under this Warranty will be waived if there is a failure to notify NanaWall within 30 days of receipt of the product for any defect which an ordinary inspection would reveal, or if there is failure to make a claim within a reasonable time during the warranty period after a hidden defect is discovered.
DISCLAIMERS & LIMITATIONS
Any liability of NanaWall is contingent upon owner fulfilling its notice obligations as stated in this Warranty. Owner shall have no standing to assert a claim absent timely notice to NanaWall and an opportunity to cure. The remedies prescribed in this Warranty are the exclusive and sole remedies available to owner. In no event shall the liability of NanaWall or any seller of NanaWall products arising out of a product defect exceed the price paid for the product.
This Warranty is the sole warranty for NanaWall products. ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE DISCLAIMED. NANAWALL SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES. Where disclaimer of implied warranties is prohibited by law, the duration of any implied warranties is limited to the duration of this Warranty. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you. This Warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state. No one is authorized to make any different or additional warranties.
The warranties detailed in this document are the only statements of the legal responsibility of NanaWall and any seller of NanaWall products with respect to covered NanaWall products manufactured on or after November 30, 2015, sold by NanaWall and installed in the United States (50 states only) or Canada only.
OTHER WARRANTY LIMITATIONS
This Warranty does not cover damage or conditions caused in whole or part by:
• Improper selection, application, storage, handling, modification, installation, or waterproofing; Movement of surrounding substrates; Failure to properly install product according to NanaWall’s instruction or to integrate product into the structure to prevent water intrusion; Failure to prevent the effects of sheeting rain or water or failure to provide an appropriate flashing system; Failure to meet code or specification requirements.
• Improper finishing, including, but not limited to, not properly finishing all sides of wood products in a timely manner or before exposure to weather, finishing exterior wood in dark colors, or not refinishing periodically; Failure to immediately repair any breaches such as scratches, chips or abrasions in any finish.
• Product installed within close proximity of any coastal area or body of salt water; Filoform corrosion in coastal environments, tarnish, or corrosion to hardware finishes; Product installed in other harsh or corrosive environments, including near swimming pools or where subjected to harsh chemicals such as road salt, solvents, acid, brick or mortar wash, or cleaning chemicals.
• Normal weathering, wear and tear; Discoloration of finish; Failure to follow the NanaWall operation and maintenance instructions; Failure to operate the product for more than one month; Failure to clean and maintain aluminum surfaces in accordance with AAMA 609 and 610 or not maintaining adequate cleaning records.
• Imperfections in glass that do not affect the product’s structural integrity or obscure vision and cannot be detected from within 10 feet as per ASTM C 1036; Accidental or spontaneous glass breakage; Glass breakage due to thermal stresses; Film applied to the glass surface; Industry accepted bow, warp or distortion in glass and minor variations in glass color; Glass not installed as per NanaWall’s instructions.
• Variations in wood grain or color; Warp within the allowable warp tolerance for wood panels per ANSI/WDMA I.S. 6-A-01; Warpage on wood panels caused by leaving panels in the open position exposed to the elements or not engaging the locking points properly when in the closed position; Resin bleeding from wood panels.
• Panel shrinkage or expansion caused by change in weather; Expansion of aluminum units in dark colors caused by direct exposure to sunlight.
• Acts of God, falling objects, fire, accidents, external forces, or other conditions beyond NanaWall’s control.
• The amount of argon or other gas remaining in insulated glass at any time after manufacture; Condensation, frost or mold caused by high interior relative humidity.
• Performance of product in conformance to any published NanaWall testing results in terms of air and water infiltration and structural loading. These results measure the performance of a single sample of the product of a certain size and configuration. Performance in the field may change overtime depending upon the conditions of handling, installation, use, and maintenance.
• Products or components not supplied by NanaWall; Products that have not been paid for in full; Products ordered in larger sizes or special configurations beyond NanaWall’s published specifications.