Part 1 - General
A. Section Includes: Engineered sliding/folding wood and glass door system, including wood/aluminum frame, threshold, wood panels, sliding/folding and locking hardware, splines, weather stripping, glass and glazing; designed to provide an opening glass wall, with sizes and configurations as shown on drawings and specified herein, with NanaWall WD66, the Standard Wood Framed Folding System as supplied by NANA WALL SYSTEMS, INC.
A. American Architectural Manufacturers Association (AAMA):
1. AAMA 1303.5, Voluntary Specifications for Forced Entry Resistant Aluminum Sliding Glass Doors.
B. American National Standards Institute (ANSI):
1. ANSI Z97.1, Safety Performance Specifications and Methods of Test for Safety Glazing Material Used In Buildings.
C. American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM):
1. ASTM E 283, Test Method for Rate of Air Leakage through Exterior Windows, Curtain Walls,and Doors by Uniform Static Air Pressure Difference.
2. ASTM E 330, Test Method for Structural Performance of Exterior Windows, Curtain Walls, and Doors by Uniform Static Air Pressure Difference.
3. ASTM E 547, Test Method for Water Penetration of Exterior Windows, Curtain Walls, and Doors by Cyclic Static Air Pressure Differential.
D. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC):
1. CPSC 16CFR-1201, Safety Standard for Architectural Glazing Materials.
E. National Fenestration Rating Council (NFRC):
1. NFRC 100, Procedure for Determining Fenestration Product Thermal Materials.
2. NFRC 200, Procedure for Determining Solar Heat Gain Coefficient.
A. Detail Drawings: Indicate dimensioning, direction of swing, configuration, swing panels, typical head jamb, side jambs and sill details, type of glazing material and handle height.
B. Product Data: Manufacturer’s literature including independently tested data listing performance criteria and Owner’s Manual with installation instructions.
C. Contract Closeout Submittal: Submit Owner’s Manual from manufacturer. Identify with project name, location and completion date, type and size of unit installed.
1.04 QUALITY ASSURANCE
A. Manufacturer: Provide complete, precision built, engineered, pre-fitted unit by a single source manufacturer with at least 25 years experience in providing folding/sliding door systems for large openings in the North American market.
1. The manufacturer must have a quality management system registration to the ISO 9001: 2008 standard.
2. The manufacturer must have an environmental management system registration to the ISO 14001: 2005 standard.
B. Performance Requirements: Provide from manufacturer that has independently tested typical units. Testing results to include air infiltration in accordance with ASTM E 283, water penetration in accordance with ASTM E 547, structural loading in accordance with ASTM E 330, and forced entry in accordance with AAMA 1303.5 and CAWM 300-96.
SPECIFIER’S NOTE: Air infiltration and water penetration testing results can only be applicable if the unit matches the test unit in the direction of opening and the type of sill. Structural load testing results are only applicable for the test unit size with top and bottom reinforced locking points and type of mounting. (Comparative analysis charts published by manufacturer show which panel sizes (if any) would meet structural loading&design pressures specifically required for the project. Check for limitations on the use of these charts in the jurisdiction of the project). Forced entry testing results are only applicable for the test unit type of locking. See manufacturer’s latest published data.
C. Thermal Performance U factor: Unit to be rated, certified and labeled in accordance with NFRC 100, shown in manufacturer’s latest published data for the glazing, sill and direction of opening specified.
D. Solar Heat Gain Coefficient: Unit to be rated, certified and labeled in accordance with NFRC 200, shown in manufacturer’s latest published data for the glazing, sill, and direction of opening specified.
SPECIFIER'S NOTE: If desired, Energy Star ratings can be achieved by the use of proper glass with the unit. See NanaWall's Performance data for details.
E. Installer Qualifications: Installer experienced in the installation of manufacturer’s products or other similar products for large openings. Installer to provide reference list of at least 3 projects of similar scale and complexity successfully completed in the last 3 years.
A. Provide manufacturer’s standard warranty against defects in materials and workmanship.
B. Warranty Period: Ten years for rollers and for seal failure of insulated glass supplied. For all other components, one year (two years if unit is installed by manufacturer’s certified trained installer) from date of delivery by manufacturer.
1.06 SITE CONDITIONS, DELIVERY, STORAGE AND HANDLING
A. In addition to general delivery, storage and handling requirements specified in Section 01600, comply with the following:
1. Deliver materials to job site in sealed, unopened cartons or crates. Protect units from damage. Store material under cover, protected from weather and construction activities.
B. Condition wood components to average prevailing relative humidity before installation.
C. Do not subject wood components to extreme nor rapid changes in heat or humidity.
D. Do not use forced heat to dry out building.
E. Store flat in dry, well ventilated area out of direct sunlight.