NW Reinforced 847
- Engineered to meet the structural capabilities required for building up to 30 stories or DP of +/- 85 psf
- Floor supported panels capable of heights up to 11' 6" (3500 mm)
- An up to 3' 3" (1000 mm) swing panel hinged to the side jamb is available
Reinforced for Mid-Rise and High-Rise Buildings
NW Reinforced 847 has been designed specifically for mid-rise and high-rise buildings where higher windload requirements and limits to deflection are needed.
Folding Glass Wall for Vertical Living
For openings onto balconies, terraces, and rooftops, this reinforced folding glass wall opens wide to 90% or more and is not restricted as with a traditional slider.
Performance-Driven Architectural Solution for Demanding Environments
Designed for energy efficiency and strong weather performance, this thermally broken system provides exceptional protection from outside elements and delivers comfort and security when closed.
NW Reinforced 847 is the only floor supported, thermally broken folding system available that allows for larger opening sizes and flexible space management with the integration of one FourFold or SixFold Panel Set. These panel sets can move and stack either to the right, left, or center within the same track allowing the panels to be stacked in the most convenient location as needed.
Floor supported systems are ideal for applications where the load-bearing capability of the header is a concern.
- Provides long-term durability and smooth operation.
- Control construction costs. Requires less header load and limits the need for extensive pre-cambering.
- Improves the likelihood of keeping the existing header when retrofitting/remodeling.
To accommodate easy access, swing panels can be added either to the end of a chain of panels for systems with an odd number of panels folding in one direction or hinged to the side jamb, depending on unit height and configuration.
An up to 3' 3" (1000 mm) swing panel hinged to the side jamb is available. Swing doors can be optionally outfitted with higher kickplates for ADA compliance. Panic hardware and top door closers by others are possible.
Four Sill Options with High Heel Resistant Feature
NW Reinforced 847 has four sill options: Hybrid, Low Profile Saddle Sill, Low Profile Saddle Sill with UniverSILL®, and Low Profile Raised. Standard to all sills is removable aluminum high heel resistant sill inserts. These inserts provide ADA compliance for the Low Profile Saddle sills and create a very barefoot-friendly transition. Furthermore, the inserts offer protection from dirt and debris collecting in the bottom track.
Unique Gothic Arch Roller
The running carriage rolls above the water table on two stainless steel wheels with a unique Gothic arch design supported by a double row of ball bearings. With a 2-point contact of each wheel to the floor track, the system glides quietly and smoothly with less friction by providing an equal distribution of weight on the stainless steel track.
Click on a hot spot to learn more.
- Stainless steel for clean appearance with sealing cushion to avoid thermal conductivity
- Provides optimal load transfer so less connection points required
- For enhanced aesthetics, all frame attachment points are hidden
- Provides an extra boost to thermal and acoustical performance
- Offers space for concealed cable routing for security systems by others
- Patented lateral adjustment of +/- 3/16″ (5 mm) to allow for construction tolerance
- Adjusts easily should extreme panel expansion/contraction occur
- Panel guide helps system glide through head track with smooth operation
- System operated on floor supported technology for ease of movement
- Proprietary engineered component stacks FourFold and SixFold panel sets neatly and securely when in open position
- Allows for dynamic stacking of panels at the left, right, or center of opening
- A pair of PowerLock throw bolts provide a double 1” (24 mm) engagement to the top and to the bottom for maximum security
- Activated by a simple 180° turn of the flat handle
- For state-of-the-art security, lock monitoring available with Reed contact (by others) and specialized magnetic locking rod endcap
- Can be connected to count opening/closing cycles to identify when maintenance should be performed (by others)
- Crisp, angular profile design for a modern aesthetic
- Intersection of two folding panels is a mere 5 1/4″ (133 mm) for minimal sightlines
- Flat handle multi-point secure locking with 1″ (24 mm) PowerLock throw bolts top and bottom
- The Bionic Turtle® single piece thermal break provides outstanding insulating within frame profiles
- Unique patented design houses the system’s locking rods to afford the slim profile appearance
- Hidden spring-loaded TwinX mechanism aligns panels over 7′ (2150 mm)
- Patented TwinX interlocks panels and provides structural reinforcement to eliminate exposed hinges in the middle of the system
- Creates barefoot and heel friendly transitions while protecting from debris accumulation in floor track
- Provides ADA compliance for Low Profile Saddle sill
- Produces channel for LED rope light floor illumination (by others)
- Inswing shown, outswing also available
- Thermally broken, provided with high heel resistant insert
- Built for higher water rating and weather resistance with compression gasketing on all sides
- Unique Gothic arch roller design for effortless operation
- Inswing shown with sufficient water rating provided
- Thermally broken, ADA compliant, high heel and barefoot friendly
- Outswing also available with UniverSILL® insert for enhanced water and air protection
- Unique Gothic arch roller design for effortless operation
Extreme Weather Resistant
Energy-efficient by design, our glass walls keep the elements at bay, ensuring that even as seasons or temperatures change, your interior comfort will always remain the same.
Certified Testing Standards
NanaWall products endure the latest AAMA testing standards for air, water, structural, and forced entry.
Designed to keep the elements at bay, holding warmth inside while acting as a transparent barrier to the weather outside.
NanaWall products contribute to multiple LEED rating systems and potentially several credit categories.
Slim Aluminum Framed Folding Glass Wall for Mid-Rise and High-Rise Buildings
Engineered to meet the structural capabilities required for building up to 30 stories or DP of +/- 85 psf, the reinforced frame profile is styled in a crisp, angular design where the intersection of two folding panels is a mere 5 1/4" (133 mm). This Generation 4 system offers a streamlined appearance with minimal exposed hardware, creating a new level of aesthetics.
Inside Generation 4 walls are innovations designed to meet the challenges of wind, water, extreme temperatures, forced entry, and structural load. Besides housing the system’s locking rods, our Bionic Turtle®—a patented, single-piece insulbar design—provides an exceptional insulating thermal break between the frame profiles: adding energy efficiency and year-round comfort.
Florida Product Approval # FL41110
What our Customers Have to Say
To attract more discriminating buyers to this multifamily development in Wilmington DE, and to provide more efficient, open layouts with more natural daylight, the builders turned to NanaWall’s SL60 for its Juliet balconies.
The developers of 60 Orchard Street in Manhattan wanted the units to offer the best of everything and to create a new relationship between interior and exterior in this conventional seven-story building.
"Residents at 60 Orchard, get the best of both worlds: a covered terrace, and no loss of indoor living space. For a condo, that represents significant added value."
— Orlando Garcia, Architect
NW Reinforced 847 has four sill options: Hybrid, Low Profile Saddle Sill, Low Profile Saddle Sill with UniverSILL®, and Low Profile Raised.
Standard to all sills is removable aluminum high heel resistant sill inserts. These inserts provide ADA compliance for the Low Profile Saddle sill and create a very barefoot-friendly transition. Furthermore, the inserts offer protection from dirt and debris collecting in the bottom track.
A fundamental benefit of this Generation 4 folding glass wall is energy efficiency. Depending on glass type selected, NW Reinforced 847 is up to 20% more thermally efficient than other NanaWall aluminum framed folding product making it an ideal choice for climates requiring superior thermal performance. The system comes standard with continuous seals along the face of each panel frame. Furthermore, standard for each system are two levels of insulating thermal breaks for optimal defense from heat and cold.
The glass pocket can accommodate glass from 7/8″ (22 mm) to 2 7/16″ (62 mm) insulated glass.
Stylish Handles in Multiple Finishes
Our handles are both functional and stylish and can be customized to accentuate your space and reflect your style.
Locking for Maximum Security
Standard to the system is concealed locking between folding panels that operates with a 180° turn of a flat handle.
Over 90 standard configurations for straight forward folding systems
FourFold and SixFold Panel Sets are able to move and stack either to the right, left, or center within the same track allowing the panels to be stacked in the most convenient location as needed.