PART 2 PRODUCTS
A. Basis-of-Design Product by Manufacturer: NanaWall PrivaSEE by NANA WALL SYSTEMS, INC. (www.nanawall.com)
NANA WALL SYSTEMS, INC.
100 Meadow Creek Drive, Corte Madera, CA 94925
Toll Free (800) 873-5673
Telephone: (415) 383-3148
Fax: (415) 383-0312
1. Substitution Procedures: See Section 01 20 00; Submit completed and signed:
a. Document 00 43 25, Substitution Request Form (During Procurement), or
b. Document 00 63 25, Substitution Request Form (During Construction).
2.02 PERFORMANCE / DESIGN CRITERIA
A. Performance Criteria (Lab Tested):
NOTE: Forced entry testing results are only applicable for the test unit type of locking.
See manufacturer’s latest published data regarding performance.
1. Acoustic Performance (ASTM E90): STC 36
2. Acoustic Performance (ASTM E1332): OITC 30
3. Forced Entry (DIN EN 1191): Pass
4. Single Action Panels with Offset Hinge - Operation / Cycling Performance (DIN EN ISO 12400): 100,000 cycles
B. LEED Characteristics:
1. LEED 2009 (v3)
a. MRc1.1: NanaWall exterior glass wall systems, not demolished in a renovation project, are reused in the same location.
b. MRc1.2: NanaWall interior glass wall systems, not demolished in a renovation project, are reused in the same location.
c. MRc2: NanaWall cardboard shipping crates are made of 60% recycled material and are 100% recyclable.
d. MRc3: NanaWall's components easily disassemble and reassemble to "Use as salvaged... or reused materials."
e. IEQc2: NanaWall systems provide natural ventilation in the open position, assisting in the 90% required natural ventilation of occupied spaces of ASHRAE 62.1.
f. EQc8.1: NanaWall glass wall assembly borrowed light brings daylight deeper into the floor plate.
g. EQc8.2: NanaWall glass wall assemblies provide direct outdoor lines of sight.
2. LEED v4 for Interior Design and Construction (ID&C)
a. MRc1: NanaWall can be easily disassembled for salvage and reuse.
b. EQc7: NanaWall glass wall assembly borrowed light brings daylight deeper into the floor plate.
c. EQc8: NanaWall glass wall assemblies provide direct outdoor lines of sight.
C. Design Criteria:
1. Sizes and Configurations: As indicated by the drawings for selected number and size of panels, location of swing panels, and location of tracks and stacking bays.
2. Unit Operation: Adjustable sliding hardware with top track;
a. [ sliding type. ]
b. [ end single action type. ]
3. Panel Configuration: Straight
4. Stack Storage Configuration:
a. [ Perpendicular to wall ]
b. [ Parallel to wall ]
c. [ Remote ]
d. [ Pocket wall ]
5. Mounting Type: Top-hung
6. Sill Type: Floor sockets with No floor track.
7. Panel Size (W x H): As indicated.
NOTE: Maximum W x H sliding panel sizes up to 4’-1” by 10’-6" (1.25 m by 3.2 m). Maximum W x H single action panel size up to 3’-7” by 10’-6" (1.10 m by 3.2 m).
Maximum 10'-6" (3.2 m) height is based on GANA recommendation for 1/2 inch (13 mm) glass. Verify glass with authorities having jurisdiction.
8. Glass and Glazing:
a. Glass Lite: Single
b. Glass Thickness: 1/2 inch (13 mm)
c. Glass Type: Acoustically enhanced laminated
NOTE: For partition units requiring acoustic performance keep the following paragraph. Edit to suit project conditions.
d. Glass Acoustical Performance (ASTM E413 and ASTM E1332): STC
NOTE: Acoustical ratings listed below are for the glass only and not the full panel system but will most likely be 7 to 8 dB lower than the glass STC rating when the sound gasketed framing is added.
1). [ 34; 3/8 inch (10 mm) single, tempered glass ]
2). [ 36; 3/8 inch (10 mm) single, laminated glass ]
3). [ 35; 1/2 inch (12 mm) single, tempered glass ]
4). [ 38; 1/2 inch (12 mm) single, laminated glass ]
5). [ 36; 9/16 inch (15 mm) single, tempered glass ]
6). [ 40; 9/16 inch (15 mm) single, laminated glass ]
7). [ 41; 3/4 inch (19 mm) single, laminated glass ]
8). [ 42; 13/16 inch (21 mm) single, laminated glass ]
9). [ 45; 1 inch (25 mm) single, laminated glass ]
A. Sliding Glass Partition Description: All glass, top-hung, single track sliding system with glass and vertical and horizontal acoustic seals. Manufacturer’s standard top and bottom rail profiles, with head track, stacking bays, side jambs, with dimensions as shown on Drawings.
1. Provide aluminum head track, side jambs, hinges, and face and edges of top and bottom rails.
NOTE: Finishes can be mixed and matched. I.E. tracks can be white with all other aluminum extrusions clear anodized.
a. Finish - Anodized (AAMA 611):
1). [ Clear ]
2). [ Dark bronze ]
3). [ Black ]
4). [ Brushed ]
5). [ Post assembly clear coated ]
NOTE: Specify post assembly clear coat for greater corrosion resistance.
b. Finish - Powder Coat (AAMA 2604):
1). Color as chosen from manufacturer's powder coating finish chart from
a). [ manufacturer's full RAL selection. ]
b). [ custom finish. ]
2). Gloss - Finish:
a). [ High Gloss ]
b). [ Matte ]
2. Head Track Width x Depth: 2-7/8 x 2-3/4 inch (73 x 70 mm)
NOTE: Single action panels can be made in widths up to 3'-7". 1'-8" inch (500 mm) meets pocket dimension requirements.
3. Single Action Panel Width: [ 3'-7" (1100 mm) ] [ 1'-8" inch (500 mm) to meet pocket dimension constraints ] <insert width>.
4. Panel Glazing: Single lite.
5. Top & Bottom Rail Depth: 2-1/2 inch (64 mm)
6. Top Rail Width: 4-1/8 (104 mm)
7. Bottom Rail Width:
a. 4-1/8 inch (104 mm)
NOTE: Option a. above is standard with other options below. Edit to suit project requirements.
b. [ ADA, chamfered, 4-5/8 inch (117 mm) ]
c. [ ADA, 10 inch (254 mm) kickplate ]
8. Rail End Cap: Male/female interlock.
9. Aluminum Extrusions: AIMgSi0.5 alloy, 6063-T5 (F-22 - European standard)
a. Thickness: 0.078 inch (2.0 mm) nominal
1. Safety Glazing: In compliance with ANSI Z97.1, CPSC 16CFR 1201, and ASTM C1036.
2. Edges: Flat butt for all panels.
a. Exposed Edges: Flat polished/ground.
3. Factory Glazing:
a. Clamp installed for equal distribution of weight.
b. Glass edge top rail clearance to be no more than 1/8 inch (3 mm) with a minimum 7/8 inch (22 mm) bite.
c. Glass installed with bolts only NOT acceptable.
4. Manufacturer’s Standard Glass: 1/2 inch (13 mm) single, acoustically enhanced, laminated glass.
C. Sliding Hardware:
1. Two (2) unidirectional sliding panel carriers that are attached to each panel with a side adjustable stainless steel cast shoe and a stainless steel ball bearing axle.
a. Carriers to be glass fiber reinforced polyamide wheels with memory effect and polyamide bumpers
NOTE: Bumpers prevent metal-on-metal contact for quiet and smooth operation.
b. Metal-on-metal contact between top track and carriers NOT acceptable.
2. Maximum carrying capacity of two carriers on a panel to be: 330 lbs (150 kgs).
a. Carriers on panels to be installed such that each panel can be intelligently guided into the stacking bay without error and with single hand operation.
b. Non-single handed operation, not acceptable.
3. Adjustment: Provide system capable of specified amount of adjustments without removing panels from tracks.
D. Hardware on End Single Action Panel(s):
1. Offset hinged panel that can swing 170°.
2. [ Standard locking bolt with crank handle at the top rail. ]
3. [ Standard overhead door closer with hold-open function (full size single action panel only). ]
4. [ Standard quick release floor bolt with spring loaded security feature, with operation from inside only. ]
5. [ Bottom rail locking on floor bolt with half mortise cylinder lock, with key operation from inside only. ]
a. [ Standard lockset; 1-1/8 inch mortise lockset, Yale cam with key on inside and chrome finish, as a temporary construction core. ]
NOTE: Option a. above is standard with other options below. Edit to suit project requirements to be supplied by Contractor.
b. [ Small Format Interchangeable Core (SFIC). ]
c. [ Large Format Interchangeable Core (LFIC). ]
d. [ Furnished by Section 08 71 00. ]
6. [ Tubo100 push/pull handles on both sides in brushed stainless steel finish with full mortise cylinder lock at handle height, with thumb turn operation from inside and key operation from outside. ]
a. [ Standard lockset; SFIC rim housing ICR7 as a temporary construction core. ]
Note: Standard handles below is for D4 and D5 above.
E. Handles on Single Action Panel(s):
1. Standard push/pull handles on both sides in brushed stainless steel finish; 11-13/16 inch (350 mm) long.
NOTE: Option 1. above is standard for D4 and D5 above with other options below. Edit to suit project requirements. Push/pull handles with black bumpers are on each end to minimize impact with glass.
2. [ Push/pull handles on both sides in brushed stainless steel finish in custom sizes. ]
3. [ Pull handle with push plate set in brushed stainless steel finish with length of 11-13/16 inch (350 mm). ]
4. [ Custom push/pull handles (by others). ]
Note: Provide template for holes and cut outs needed in glass.
5. [ No handles but with pull knob in brushed stainless steel finish. ]
6. [ No handles and no knob. ]
F. Panels with Push/Pull Handles or Knobs: Provide handle height centered at 41-3/8 inch (105 cm) from bottom of the panel or as indicated otherwise.
G. Other Locking:
NOTE: Self-activated automatic interlock and seal is a key feature triggered by simply moving one panel into another.
1. For Between Sliding Panels, provide self-activated automatic interlock for floor bolts.
2. For Floor Bolts, provide:
a. 1-3/16 inch (30 mm) deep, adjustable, eccentric floor sockets.
H. Other Components:
1. Horizontal Seals: At top and bottom rails, provide sealing brush with double fins on the inside and self-activated adjustable compression seal on the outside.
2. Transparent Vertical Edge Acoustical Seals: Between panels, provide UV resistant edge mounted gaskets.
a. Light Transmission (LT): 75 percent or higher per ASTM D1003.
NOTE: Acoustical seals help reduce sound transmission, glass-to-glass contact, and airflow.
3. Vertical Side Jamb Seals: Between side jambs and panels, provide double EPDM seals.
A. Extruded aluminum frame and rail profiles, sliding hardware, locking hardware and handles, and glass to construct sliding glass wall.
1. Each unit factory pre-assembled and shipped with all components and installation instructions.
2. Exposed work to be carefully matched to produce continuity of line and design with all joints.
3. No raw edges visible at joints.
A. Sidelights with finish to match, as indicated. See Door Schedule.