NW Reinforced 647—Slim Aluminum Framed Folding Glass Wall for Mid-Rise Buildings
NW Reinforced 647 has been designed specifically for mid-rise buildings where higher windload requirements and limits to deflection are needed. Engineered to meet the structural capabilities required for building up to 20 stories or DP of +/-70 psf, the reinforced frame profile is styled in a crisp, angular design where the intersection of two folding panels is a mere 5 1/4" (133 mm). This Generation 4 system offers a streamlined appearance with minimal exposed hardware, creating a new level of aesthetics.
Performance-Driven Folding Glass Wall for Vertical Living
NW Reinforced 647 floor supported panels are capable of heights up to 9' 6" (2900 mm). As a performance-driven architectural solution, this system is certified and performance-rated to CW35.
Providing fresh air, increased daylight, and expanded living in the vertical living environment, this system is available in inswing or outswing configurations. For openings onto balconies, terraces, and rooftops, this reinforced folding glass wall opens wide to 90% or more and is not restricted as with a traditional slider.
Designed for energy efficiency and strong weather performance, this thermally broken system provides exceptional protection from outside elements and delivers comfort and security when closed.
Explore NW Aluminum 647:
Comprised of a host of proprietary and patented features, click on the numbers below to learn more about all the benefits this system has to offer.
Installation Mounting Plate for Ease of Installation
- Stainless steel for clean appearance with sealing cushion to avoid thermal conductivity
- Provides optimal load transfer so less connection points required
Multipurpose Frame Insert for a Streamlined Look
- For enhanced aesthetics, all frame attachment points are hidden
- Offers space for concealed cable routing for security systems by others
System Width Adjustment Feature for Consistent Seal Compression
- Patented lateral adjustment of +/- 3/16″ (5 mm) to allow for construction tolerance
- Adjusts easily should extreme panel expansion/contraction occur
Panel Guide in Head Track
- Panel guide helps system guide through head track with smooth operation
- System operated on floor supported technology for ease of movement
Anti-tilt Feature for Floating Panel Sets in Head Track
- Proprietary engineered component stacks FourFold and SixFold panel sets neatly and securely when in open position
- Allows for dynamic stacking of panels at the left, right, or center of opening
Concealed PowerLocking for Maximum Security
- A pair of PowerLock throw bolts provide a double 1″ (24 mm) engagement to the top and to the bottom for maximum security
- Activated by a simple 180° turn of the flat handle
Optional Mechanism for Advanced Security
- For state-of-the-art security, lock monitoring available with Reed contact (by others) and specialized magnetic locking rod endcap
- Can be connected to count opening/closing cycles to identify when maintenance should be performed (by others)
Slimmest Reinforced Panel Profiles Available
- Crisp, angular profile design for a modern aesthetic
- Intersection of two folding panels is a mere 5 1/4″ (133 mm) for minimal sightlines
- Flat handle multi-point secure locking with 1″ (24 mm) PowerLock throw bolts top and bottom
Multifunctional Thermal Break for Maximum Energy Performance
- The Bionic Turtle® single piece thermal break provides outstanding insulating within frame profiles
- Unique patented design houses the system’s locking rods to afford the slim profile appearance
Concealed Panel Alignment Reduces Visible Hardware
- Hidden spring-loaded TwinX mechanism aligns panels over 7’ (2150 mm)
- Patented TwinX interlocks panels and provides structural reinforcement to eliminate exposed hinges in the middle of the system
Aluminum Sill Insert for High Heel Protection
- Creates barefoot and heel friendly transitions while protecting from debris accumulation in floor track
- Provides ADA compliance for Low Profile Saddle sill
- Produces channel for LED rope light floor illumination (by others)
Hybrid Sill for Highest-in-Class Weather Performance
- Inswing shown, outswing also available
- Thermally broken, provided with high heel resistant insert
- Built for higher water rating and weather resistance with compression gasketing on all sides
- Unique Gothic arch roller design for effortless operation
Low Profile Saddle Sill
- Inswing shown with sufficient water rating provided
- Thermally broken, ADA compliant, high heel and barefoot friendly
- Outswing also available with UniverSILL® insert for enhanced water and air protection
- Unique Gothic arch roller design for effortless operation
Left/Right FourFold or SixFold Panel Set Available for Wider Openings and Flexible Stacking
NW Reinforced 647 and the Generation 4 Folding Glass Walls by NanaWall product family are the only floor supported, thermally broken folding systems available that allow for larger opening sizes and flexible space management with the integration of FourFold or SixFold Panel Sets. These panel sets are able to move and stack either to the right, left, or center within the same track allowing the panels to be stacked in the most convenient location as needed.
Three Sill Options with High Heel Resistant Feature
NW Reinforced 647 has three sill options: Hybrid, Low Profile Saddle Sill, and Low Profile Saddle Sill with UniverSILL®. Standard to all sills is removable aluminum high heel resistant sill inserts. These inserts provide ADA compliance for the Low Profile Saddle sills and create a very barefoot-friendly transition. Furthermore, the inserts offer protection from dirt and debris collecting in the bottom track.
Unique Gothic Arch Roller Provides Frictionless Smooth Operation Elevated Above Water Table
The running carriage rolls above the water table on two stainless steel wheels with a unique Gothic arch design supported by a double row of ball bearings. With a 2-point contact of each wheel to the floor track, the system glides quietly and smoothly with less friction by providing an equal distribution of weight on the stainless steel track.
NW Reinforced 647—Floor Supported Technology for Long-Term Durability
Floor supported systems are ideal for applications where the load-bearing capability of the header is a concern.
- Provides long-term durability and smooth operation.
- Control construction costs. Requires less header load and limits the need for extensive pre-cambering.
- Improves the likelihood of keeping the existing header when retrofitting/remodeling.
Swing Doors for Daily Pass-Through
To accommodate easy access, swing panels can be added either to the end of a chain of panels for systems with an odd number of panels folding in one direction or hinged to the side jamb, depending on unit height and configuration.
NW Reinforced 647 allows for up to 3’ 3” (1000 mm) swing panel hinged to the side jamb. Swing panels have been tested and passed over 500,000 cycles and can be optionally outfitted with higher kickplates for ADA compliance. Panic hardware and top door closers by others are possible.
NanaWall systems are designed in Germany, providing world-class quality and long-term reliability
Unique to You
Each NanaWall system is custom made to order based on your project and your personal preferences
NanaWall folding systems can replace walls or doors up to 39’ wide, select systems can go even wider if desired
Built to Perform
NanaWall systems meet or exceed air, water, structural, and forced entry tests for weather, durability, and security
NanaWall systems offer a variety of material options and finishes to coordinate with any design
Ease of Operation
NanaWall systems offer single-handed operation and move smoothly with little effort